Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] radiator cooled ambient sub

Hi Allen. That water temperature should cool your sub fine. I can see where someone in the Caribbean and was sitting on the surface a long time would need cooling, but even there, it gets cold when you go deep.
I remember seeing the " Dry Dive " sub pictures, and he has a lot of big, flat windows. A really nice little sub for sure. I'd love to go for a ride, but I wonder if the heat inside is from prolonged maneuvering on the surface.
I've always heard that sub riding is cold, and you need to wear your woolies when you go down.
Even an ambient sub running at shallow depth like 30 feet or so should be cool. I mean, where does the heat come from except body heat. Maybe a little is put off by onboard electronics, more yet if you have inboard motors running the thrust. I can't think of anything that actually creates a lot of heat inside. Am I missing something ? I hope so, then I wouldn't need to add any heaters.
Frank D.