RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] radiator cooled ambient sub

Now thats a good idea I had'nt thought of!

From: nomdae@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] radiator cooled ambient sub
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:00:14 +0000

Hi Alan:

I belong to a number of small-car newsgroups, and the subject of cooling comes up frequently since many of the cars discussed have engines not designed to support A/C.

While you're idea has merit, and will work to some degree, I don't think you'll get the amount of cooling you'll require out of this system unless you're diving in some really cold water... and always moving forward.

One solution many people go with is using an ice-chest packed with ice & water and a pump to circulate the cold water through a small radiator. Take a look at the following link: http://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-12V-Air-Conditioner---Cheap-and-easy!/

In the confines of a small sub, this should cool you quickly.  And once you're underwater, you should be able to either turn it off or run it occasionally.

Stay cool,
-- NP