Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Thruster Option Link

Have you done any research on a nozzle and prop for the 101s?
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:26 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Thruster Option Link

The price is pretty good for a complete deep water thruster, but at 16 pounds of thrust, not sure how useful that would be on a psub. More likely good for an ROV or something small.
It's rated at 600 watts at 24 volts. The Minnkota,( although not a complete deep water package ), has 101 pounds of thrust without the kort nozzle added, and runs at 1650 watts at 36 volts. The addition of a good ceramic seal, a kort nozzle, and a better prop designed to maximize a kort nozzle's geometry, should bump the thrust even higher. I got my 4 Minnkota's for $259 each. The jury is still out on how best to adapt it for deep water use, but the oil compensation with flexible bladder tube seems like the most do-able for an amateur like me. Thanks for the link though, it looks like a nice unit for turning a small sub, or maneuvering in tight spots. Frank D.