RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pilot training for subs

I might differ with Sean’s opinion of Mark’s underwater pilot’s course.  After following the history of the program through when Mark started hosting the course, there has been real value added with what he offers.  Spoke with him at length during the Raystown Lake PSUBS Conference and you really get a lot of time to learn the ends and outs of not only the K-250 but also sub operations in general.  Even after spending years on military subs, the same amount of time at EB as an engineer, and time in a K-250 years ago at George’s facility in Maine, I would still spend time with Mark and his course not only as a refresher but to get a different perspective on sub ops.  Hopefully he is still offering the course as I would like to attend it in the near future and take my brother with me (some of you have met him at previous PSUB Conferences) so that he could attend the pilot’s course.  There is a lot to be learned here that will apply to a lot of other PSUB operations.

As for other experience, have held a 100 ton USCG Ocean Operator’s License, Engineering Officer on a square-rigged training ship, nuclear mechanical operator in the US Sub Service, and grew up in the commercial fisheries industry.  Mark Ragan’s course is a good value.

R/Jay

Respectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas

As scarce as the truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

    -Josh Billings