Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 porthole question

How do you figure that you lose viewing area? The flat port means you are looking around the corner of all that steel behind the window. Conical lets you put your forehead right on it. Visibility is IMPROVED.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 1:28 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K350 porthole question

Ya, I took stachiws info for my flat window, cause I'm not going that deep either. It just seems like a good idea to build to the strongest design, except it's gotta be a lot more expensive to get all those tapers machined and you lose so much viewing area. After I get this thing wet, and learn how to drive it, I may add a couple more 16 inch windows to see out the sides better. I'd like to be able to look at the dive plane/side motors to check angle and maybe entanglement on seaweed. I've got the heavy rings for them as leftovers from when the hatch rings were cut. Hell, I may never be done with this boat. Focus, focus, focus. Better stick with what I've got so far.
On another note, I haven't gotten any answer about the pilot training course offered on the psubs site. I wonder if anyone has done it, or has any info on that. Gotta get to the iron shop today so I'll ask the question again when I get back. See ya, Frank D.

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.