From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: 06 February 2009 16:23
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] formula for leak volume?

Now for the "Frank method" .......not being a math guy, I'd take a 5 gallon can of water, pump it through at 500 psi, and time how long it takes. Not that I don't love formulas, just that I've never had much luck trying to predict with math exactly what happens. Not only do I find an answer to a question, but testing usually gives me insight into other aspects of a particular design that I had never even considered. I bet that tiny hole will spit out lots of spray. Not only just the water volume to deal with, but the possibility that it will spray all over the place, make it VERY difficult to see what you're doing, freak everybody out, and get some parts wet that really don't like being wet.

   I know you guys are tired of hearing this, but no way am I putting a shaft through my hull. If it leaks, I'm closing the valve, blowing the tanks, and going UP! This boat needs to be able to take a beating, get a quick fix, and get back to work.

Nice formulas though. I'll definitely save those for future use. Thanks Brian..... Frank D.

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3831 (20090205) __________

http://www.eset.com