Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Submarine Pilot Training.

Hi Guys. I was just wondering what type of training and/or certification the outfit on our psubs site is offering. Has anybody taken this course? I'm thinking it might be useful in terms of learning how to drive a K250, but also may give me some insight into how a small sub responds to the controls, how it performs with the systems used on this particular boat, and how the current system is configured.
I'm also curious how much ( if any ) of this training gig would apply to other subs out there. I know there are several companies providing this course, in one form or another, but they are typically performed on their own sub, as an owner benefit when you buy a sub from them, or in the case of tourist subs, so you can work for them. Are there any schools or companies that are generally accepted as a basic course provider by more than just that particular company? How would a young person become a certified sub pilot? I'm thinking of putting one or two of my daughters through a pilot program. Of course, I'll train them on my sub ( after I learn how to drive the damn thing ) but is there a place to go for just anybody to learn?  We have an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of a new frontier.......Where do we get our driver's license? Frank D.

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.