Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] safety chain

I am thinking on building a safety cable on my sub.
What I am thinking of is a 350+' cable spooled up on board. The lose end will have a line
attached and 350' + line spooled on a float. If need be the float would be released, with the
surface crew picking it up and then pulling up the cable. Hook cable on a winch and pull me
up. I really hate getting wet anymore.

My question is any recommendation on the strength of the cable. I will be around 3ton dry
weight but for sure that would be a little heavy. Am not planing on lifting any part of the
sub out of the water just close. A diver could secure lines then

My gut tells me a 1/8 1700 lb. should do it but sure would like some thoughts from the
group

Dean
p.s have been building control surfaces of late. will take and post some pics soon
all I will say is, a little is good more is better hehhe

Stay up to date on the latest news - from sports scores to stocks and so much more.