So I made some changes to produce a second version with what I was thinking might fit what your talking about.  I wasn't sure if you would be putting down a small TIG bead on both sides of the root area.

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/S201%20Type%20SS%20Plate%20Thru%20Hull/Assembly%20Model%20%7C32/Changed%20Weld%20Beads%20Iso.jpg

Here is what I was thinking the weld bead progression might look like.

#1 Red TIG bead
#2 Blue TIG bead
#3 Dark Gray Stick bead
#4 Light Gray Stick bead
Black Final Interior Stick Bead
#6 Green Final Exterior Stick Bead

http://cid-5085d10eb6afe47c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/S201%20Type%20SS%20Plate%20Thru%20Hull/Assembly%20Model%20%7C32/Weld%20Bead%20Order.jpg

I made a screen capture with audio that better shows the above, and posted it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLuqZ9Q26vw

  " Every man is wise when attacked by a mad dog; fewer when pursued by a mad woman;

                       only the wisest survive when attacked by a mad notion."  ~ Robertson Davies

Regards,

Szybowski