Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Corosion resistant fasteners.

Hi. Yes, silicon/bronze is a better choice. More resistant to salt water, and stronger. Good idea.  I like the stainless nut because of it's corrosion resistance, and easily welded. I will be replacing the bolts fairly often, so corrosion shouldn't be a big problem. These areas are used to attach the fiberglass fairings, so strength isn't that important. I mostly wanted a soft metal that can be cut off and/or drilled out without buggering up the stainless nuts because the nut isn't accessible when the fairing is on. Frank D.