To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Important PSUBS Info - Please Read

Hi Dariusz,

I don't think it will be that bad. The member-only forums will be archived similarly to the current mailing list and publicly available. Non-members won't get that information delivered to them personally, and won't be able to participate in a member-only discussion, but they can search for information in the archives or just keep up with all the member-only discussions by reading the archives at their leisure. It's not our goal to make the public email forum only an entry point for general questions, and if a non-member starts an interesting discussion in the public forum I expect that is where you'll see both members and non-members participating in the discussion. The amount of participation in any email forum (public or member-only) will be determined by how interesting a topic is, not whether it is a member-only forum or not.

We've maintained free access to the information, but also supported those who want more targeted, in-depth discussions, within a different environment.

Jon

Dariusz Hoffmann wrote:
I knew it... I disagree with this idea. It will limit free access to
the more advanced knowledge and topics of mailing list. If your goal
is making this list an entry point to general questions by newcommers,
you should expect that less people will have an interest of reading it
and participating in it. The greatest thing now, the greatest power of
psubs organization is sharing the advanced knowledge with people from
all over the world. I am not an opponent of geting some membership
advantages by paying for it. But limiting an acces to more advanced
knowledge for those who will not pay is something that I cannot
accept.

Kind Regards
Darek Hoffmann

our server receiving your request.