From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 02:55:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The Long Arm of the Claw
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent. I was able to negotiate with the provided links. Good photos. Got lots of work ahead. I wonder why George didn't use bronze bushings to prevent wear on the rods. And maybe some thrust bearings.
    If it was me, I'd start over with the claw. Make something quick and nimble. Dan has that one on his blue sub, and although it's not real quick, it is nimble. He runs it with Bimba cylinders using a type of vegetable oil and a small pump. I've got a picture or two of it some where I could send you. Anyway, thanks for the good pics. Oh, and by the way, for Jay and Vance, It's been 75 here too for the last few days. Can't complain about the weather but I'm afraid we're in for big trouble if we don't get some rain. Frank D.