Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Frank's new nose cone

Hi Vance. I envy your experience, and really enjoy your sharing those experiences with us. Having never piloted a sub, I'm afraid my sea trials will be very extensive. Kind of " learn as you go " and that will mean not only learning how to drive this thing, but also try to discover it's flaws and limitations. Scary but fun.
On the "bumpers " subject, I remember hearing about the accident where some falling debris took out a window, and one guy died as a result. I don't think it's possible to anticipate EVERY scenario, but with guys like you helping, at least we have a fighting chance at building a boat we can use. Frank D.