From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 1:10 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT valve

Hi Vance. Ya, it doesn't seem that complicated to me. I updated the little sketch I had posted earlier so here it is. The only "close tolerance" parts are the rod and bushing. Both "off-the-shelf" parts. The rest is made from just flat plate and welded up. With the gasket on top, the sand just washes away. Where the gasket is shown, I made a little pocket for it to sit in, but that's probably more complicated than it needs to be too. Anyway, I look forward to seeing your valve. Made any headway on the "cue-ball" thru-hull? I haven't given up hope on that idea yet. Frank D.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1578526&pid=10794583&myphotos=1