Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:56 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hard Ballast Tanks

Hi  Jim,

 Is that the high zinc content epoxy from the commercial Sherwin Williams line up?  I've been meaning to ask you about that primer, since I was told about it from a local guy and then I think I heard you mention it some time back. I was thinking of using it on my K boat after the glacier thaws. Did you coat any of the interior of those tanks before you welded them up?

Your talking about coatings for the interior of steel tanks, reminded me of a discussion I had with Cliff Redus some time back.  Last I heard he had not yet put a coating in his steel forward MBT but was planning on using this KBS Cycle Tank Sealer Kit.

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/KBS-Cycle-Tank-Sealer-Kit_p_7-31.html.  His aft MBT is FRP.

Looks like your making good headway Jim.

Cheers
Szybowski