From: nomdae@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mushroom Vent CAD Assembly Options
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:41:07 +0000

Hey Brent!

As always, your cad drawings and animation are fantastic, but I do have a concern about the O-Ring. What's to keep it from dislodging from it's groove? My concern would be that the O-Ring would become tacky and "stick" to the upper ring after prolonged periods of contact. This could partially (or completely) pull it out of it's groove and prevent the valve from sealing when it's closed again.

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion to solve this, other than possibly some kind of gasket that would wrap around the lower assembly rim. (Like a steering wheel cover fits around a steering wheel.)

Thanks for posting,
NP