Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] LED Lighting Options

I've used regular scuba dive lights and they don't put out much light. I can see where an LED set-up would give diffused light without much distance capability. I wonder how a high power focused light shone from behind a viewport would work. I have a hand held spot light that's 12 volt and has 1 million candle power. It gets a little hot close to the lens but at 6 inches is only just warm. It can be focused into a tight beam and will run for several hours on it's batteries. It takes a lot of Duracells to load it up though. I plan on using it as a back-up inside the sub so will report on it when I take the sub out. Frank D.