Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Soft ballast venting valve

As the pressure is already in PSI then the force (pounds) pushing your plug out of the 1/4" leak is  the 219 or 275 pounds  not PSI.  whatever the math is (I didn't figure it out) but you have to apply that many pounds not psi.

Jay.  (B)

Jon Wallace <jon@psubs.org>
Sent by: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org

2009-01-06 17:11

Please respond to
personal_submersibles@psubs.org

personal_submersibles@psubs.org
cc
Subject
Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Soft ballast venting valve

Thanks for that Jay. The 125 pound figure didn't sound right to me
either and I calculated a pressure of 275.125 pounds for a square 1/4
tube, but was too lazy to look up the formula for a 1/4 round tube.

Jon