[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pod Ends

Hi Everyone.  Happy new year to everyone.  Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.  Ive been away so have only just got back onto the computer to find zillions of psub messages!

Anyway, i've started the work on the stainless cladding for the battery pods on my sub.  I'm doing it as per the plans, but it seems a complicated method.  Ive done the cladding and am going to start machining on Friday.  Its too late now as ive started but I think it might have been easier to just weld on stainless rings with an O ring groove similar to the hatch except a little wider and have bolts to clamp it all around.  Like you would have for a normal pressure vessel with an opening end?  Ok, i know it would not be quite as hydrodynamic, but certainly easier to make than the cladding, machining and through hull bolt that i am working on.

Any thoughts on that anyone?

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index_files/Page15707.htm

Also, very interesting thread about the ball valves.  Ive bought several worchester stainless valves so far and they were very expensive.

Regards
James