Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Internet sub videos

Horseshoe Reef off Vero? The Jupiter cliffs? Or maybe up on the dropoffs down in the Keys? Everything north of about where I am is too deep for the light penetration. It's hard to tell, because a good summer day with just the right conditions will let you see for a long way down here. I've sat on the bow of the Mizpah off Palm Beach (85 feet deep) and watched divers coming over the stern of the lay barge, which sank behind her. That's 225 feet, measured horizontally. Pretty good viz, so it's hard to figure the photograph for depth. It's an interesting formation for our area, however. More Bahamas-ish than Florida-ish, I'd have thought. I'd say if we could find it, then maybe we could find an excuse to dive it. What do you think? I vote for tanks, however, or a submarine. Or both, if somebody brings a camera.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Perkel <joeperkel@hotmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 1:54 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Internet sub videos

Carsten,

Fascinating!

Appears to be a pro free diver, weighted down and with a head cam of some sort. The sub itself seems to have at some point been a parking lot prop for a "Subway" Sandwich franchise,..who knows where? Appears also to have had in it's operational day's, a battery well, and a now missing forward dome.

Wherever this is in Florida, it's perched on the edge of a steep drop-off, and very interesting bottom topography!

Joe