[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub heaven

Well guys, I have just come back from Heaven.  And without wanting to be sacriligeous met with the almighty.

Seriously though, I have just done a trip to Vancouver where I visited Nuytco and met with Phil Nuytten.  We really are playing at subs when you see what he has done and is doing.

His innovations are very smart and he’s a real pro.  Mind you he has to be.  His subs go to 2000 ft on a daily basis working in all sorts of situations.  No room for error.  Also the famous Newtsuit.  Space age.  Really smart.  I think we need to convince Phil to put it on short term hire at the next conference.  I’d pay $100 for a ½ hour swim in it.  Something I have to do before I die type thing.  Also I got to sit in a Deepworker 2000.  That was a buzz in itself.  Saw the Aquarius having a bit of work done on it and got to understand about manipulators and safety features, battery housings, Control stations, etc.   Can-dive have their own pressure chamber where they drop in their subs, and other developments and can have the inspectors witness the pressure tests etc.

You walk in Phil’s door and it is a living museum.  Every type of hard hat, regulator or other Dive related hardware is there to behold.  It was a real buzz for me. Thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

They have mockups of new developments of subs which really restates what Frank has been preaching in doing mockups before you get too carried away on your designs.  Nuytcos mockups are very impressive and after a tour and explanation of many of Phil’s innovative ideas which are used on his subs I thought I’d go home and put an axe through what I had done and start rethinking my ideas.  The info from the Psubs forum has been great and I’m not trying to detract from it and Jon and Ray who know what I have seen in Vancouver wont have a problem but it really reinforces that for new guys to the Psubs forum can shorten up their process by listening to the guys who have “been there, done that”.  Anyway I am new to it all and just glad to know that the next conference is likely to allow people to see a professional outfit.  Nuytco have got a range of bits that they sell also such as Oxy sensors, Coms, Lights etc.  Not cheap but proven pro stuff.  Lets face it, You don’t want to go down below on the lowest bid equipment.  Pay a bit more and survive.  Anyway its back to the drawing board for me and doing a mockup to include some of the stuff I’ve found answers to.   It was kind of funny on seeing some of the things on Psubs  and I wondered who this Phil guy was.  Now I know.  All I can say is Wow, I’ve gotta go back.  Hugh

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3685 (20081212) __________

http://www.eset.com