Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lifting K-250 Off Trailer the Hard Way

Hi Brent. I agree it makes more sense to get 4 thrusters that match. The cost difference between a 12 volt and a 36 volt isn't that much. ie: more power per dollar with the salt water 101's.
Also, it's easier to keep spare parts/motor on hand if they all match. As for the " burst of speed" using all four at full power.....better be careful as they EACH draw 46 amps at full power! That could start a fire.
All the info I've found concerning the speed controllers that come with them says that running them slow saves a lot of power over using a smaller motor at full speed.
I chose them mostly because of the spares issue. If I'm down in the Sea of Cortez chasing Humboldt squid and I blow out a motor, I've still got three more to continue with until I get back to shore, and can switch/replace a motor easily. I will be carrying a couple of extras where ever I go. Frank D.