Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 3:39 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] how to machine a big pipe end?

Alec,

There exist bolt on machines for facing flanges or boring diameters on-site. Burt it is not so common that every hire shop has them.

Or an old shipbuilders trick; make a small, local area where is to much material red hot. When cooling down that area shrinks permanent and can stretch a plate or bend pipe.

All the best, Emile