Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS 2009 Conference Planning

We did that drive last year and crossed the boarder at 11a after a 2+ hour wait.  Did it again this year at 2am with 0 wait.  But be prepared to answer lots of questions at the boarder when your the only car there.  Or maybe it was the answers I was giving?  And yes, that is a beautiful drive.  Highly recommend a couple of days extra for a trip to the islands.

--Doug J

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick <empiricus@telus.net>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 10:23 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS 2009 Conference Planning

The drive up from Sea-Tac is great, especially once you get to the border.  The North Shore mountains, where Phil's shop is, loom in the distance as you drive up Hwy. 99.  I live just off 99 and I still love the view.

With any luck, Mt. Baker (Wa.) won't be lost in the mist.  Really, really, really big volcano.

Rick in Vancouver