Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My Rubber Ducky

Hi Hugh, and thanks for the well wishes. Sorry to hear about your brother, and I hope he is well.
Those "wiz-bangs" sound very interesting. I look forward to hearing more about your sub, and maybe seeing some sketches or pictures. The lithium/polymer batteries are a hot topic here in the US with the rise in gas prices. There are several car companies starting to put their electric vehicles on the market, and the various battery options are just what we need to run our subs.
I saw an article on a guy who made an electric motorcycle and used a lithium/iron battery pack, that was safer than the lithium/ion being used in some applications. I hope that a viable high energy pack becomes available to us. Of course, safety is a bigger issue when you're submerged, and the technology is barely starting to become available on new battery chemistries. This should give the whole "under sea" industry a big boost when a good, safe, affordable power source becomes available. If you find anything good, keep me informed, and I'll do the same. Frank D.