RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] a tech tip

This is a very good point! The base onto which my compass is mounted was made from aluminum and the small dc motor is mounted at the very bottom of it and not to the compass itself. Internally I think the compass is somewhat shielded. The current seems to have no effect on my compass, but it is something to make note of. (three feet seems a bit much though)