Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Places to visit

Hi Frank,

No, I'm now in Rhode Island.  I used to live in Santa Cruz, and did some
work with Nuytco and got to spend a week or so in Vancouver.

NUWC has a museum (Naval Undersea Musuem) in Keyport, which isnt too far
from seattle.

Woods Hole is pretty nice.  Gets very crowded in the summer though.
There isn't a whole lot to see that is open to the public, but maybe with
some emails you may be able to get to see more interesting stuff (alvin
replacement, etc.)?  They do have a small museum, with some alvin stuff,
but the exhibit at the Mystic Aquarium is better.

There are lots of cool ocean tech companies in the area that may give you
a tour if asked (Benthos, Hydroid, etc.)

There is a ton of other interesting ocean tech stuff in an around CT,RI
and MA all about 1hr drive from each other.  Just a few:

US Sub Musuem in Groton CT
Russian Sub Juliett 484 (although it sunk at dock a year or so ago...)
Battle Ship Cove in Fall River, MA
Mystic Aquarium
New England Aquarium in Boston
WHOI
URI Pell Library.
Newport RI has a ton of sailing exhibits, not so much undersea that is
open to the public.

-andy