From: Ray Keefer
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 9:03 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention Participation

Hi Gang,

Jon and I just got done with a conference call regarding the status of the 2008 PSUBS Convention. Hmmm....

PARTICIPANTS
As of now we only have four people registered as coming to the convention. Two of them happen to be Jon and myself. We are curious where the rest of the community is. We need folks to register to aid us in planning the scale of the event. If you are coming please register.

DIVE SAFETY
Time to organize a Dive Safety Command Structure and Safety Protocols. I will be sending out the initial plan later today. I will need feedback and volunteers.

SUBS
As of now we have no subs committed in coming. We need subs for a variety of field exercises.The initial list of field exercises is:
1. Desert Star Pinger - Put a pinger on a sub, sub dives to the bottom, divers find the sub with the pinger locator.
2. David Bartsch Hydrophone - Try it from the dock.
3. David Bartsch Hydrophone - Try it on a sub.
4. Micropore Scrubber - Need a sub to try the scrubber. Test will be done in the parking lot and will only take a few hours.
5. Sub Down Exercise - Locate a sub on the bottom and lift it up with lift bags.

Regards,
Ray