Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hi Vance - any idear what this is ?

In a message dated 5/16/2008 7:12:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, MerlinSub@t-online.de writes:
http://us10.pixagogo.com/S58UTKI1w3i7MrCq3k3Rlwmf!NJIXtcz98QjhtrnLTBfohGwnRAsABr!NX3BpBzjG1iwgm2Y3CZJks4SupEe1-wwCRiAiowMGp/DSC_2847.JPG
Has any one heard what is going on with that treasure galleon a US company found down there and was kicked out by the Columbian government ?
I heard there was 3 billion in gold on board, and the US company had a 50/50 deal with the Interior Ministry if they found it, but that when they did, the feds stepped in and gave them the boot. The article said the Interior Ministry didn't have the authority to make a deal like that, and confiscated the find. It was in the Columbian Supreme court I think, and was going to be decided on earlier this year.
It seems to me it was in pretty deep water, off the coast near Cartagena. (SP?)
The salvage company spent about 3 million on the search, and the investors were pissed! I think they were using ROV'S, AND a small submarine. Haven't heard any thing since last year. Frank D.