RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VBT

Yep, the reason is that dissolved salts in sea water make it more dense than fresh water by 3%.

Alec

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 1:06 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] VBT

Hi Alec. Thanks for that info. I had the info on sea water some where but can't find it now. Is the 3% difference because of the buoyancy difference between fresh and sea water ? I've been looking for that damn file but I've got so much paper work laying around and none of it is organized so every time I need to work out a calculation, I gotta dig through all this crap. Man ! I need a secretary ! Guess I better clean all this stuff up.
I've pretty much decided to go with that neat little propane tank Greg C. put up for my VBT.  It has some nice advantages and is fast and easy to plumb up. All for just $200. Hell, I can't build one for that. Just gotta find out how much  volume exactly needed. The 33# tank is 12 3/4 inch by 18 inch, and if it's enough, just one would do. If it takes two.....well, just have to shift stuff around so the proper balance is maintained.  Thanks again. Frank D.