To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another stupid question.

Hi James , i am wondering what kind of gaskit you use for those viewports? o-ring? Les k. ----- Original Message ----- From: <james@guernseysubmarine.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 7:03 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another stupid question.

Hi All.

I know this question will have come up before but im going to ask anyway.

I've been busy this weekend cutting and fitting hull viewports. You can look here.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/index_files/Page10371.htm

I am mig welding most things on my project but, with the hull viewports, i have now found that i cannot get the mig gun in at the correct angle between the port and the reinforcing rings on the inside. Its still awkward, but i think i can get it with a stick.

I will have to borrow an inverter set so im waiting until ive done all 4 and then i'll borrow the set and do them all in one go.

The question is.........What electrodes do you guys suggest? I was thinking of E6012. 2.5mm

What do you think?
Thanks
James

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/consumabledatasheet.aspx?p=8333