RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PVC hydrophone cost

   Take a look at the following required parts list...with the different applications in mind, only those items specific to the actual intended use (piezo element for a hydrophone for example) change. All other components that deal with this housing itself are common to all!

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:40:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PVC hydrophone cost
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi David. I'd love to have a couple of lamps. I had planned on installing two on the front near my main window to illuminate the area reachable with the grabber arm. I hope to test launch before the end of this year. Does that fit within the time you need the results ? A camera housing is a great idea too. I'd be happy to cover the cost of materials etc. for the lamps. I could get a diver friend to measure the light intensity at different distances from the lamps, and also take some video from inside the sub to show how they work. What kind of test results are you looking for ? I think Steve Pearse was working on an ROV and although I haven't seen him join in lately, he may be able to take a lamp down to the limit of 500 feet. A lamp and/or camera housing would be a great addition to every one's project. Good work! Frank D.