Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PVC hydrophone cost

Hi David. Keep the good stuff coming. That's a nice little unit, and adaptable to several uses. Do you have any ideas on a small submersible electric motor case ? I saw a design a while back where a guy took a battery screw gun and used it with a threaded screw mechanism to operate a grabber hand for an arm. It wasn't sealed at all, but he said the motor was so cheap that when it fried, he just replaced the screw gun. The linkage was simple, and all home made with plexi sheet and threaded rod. If a good motor case could be fabricated cheaply, it could have many uses. Maybe even operate rudders. ( maybe not very quickly though.)
I like the hydrophone a lot. Good work. Frank D.