Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Drop Weight

Exploding bolts? In a submarine? How about a cyanide capsule, instead? That way your survivors don't have to waste all that time looking for pieces of you to bury. Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: kory mosteller <hardcoremosteller@hotmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 4:52 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Drop Weight

I totally agree. I was suggesting a system in addition to some other manual release.  That way, you can make the desicion to get out of town in a hurry, and if you are unable to make the desicion, the system can make it for you (eventually, based on the length of the timer). Perhaps the hydraulic being the main release and exploding bolts being the secondary/backup system in case you're incapcitated?