Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] frappr for Jim K.

Hi Jon. I haven't used the new option yet, but I'm going to soon. Thanks for making that possible. You know all the sub guys love to see every one's pictures.
You had asked me about the lapel pin folks I used for maybe making some psub pins. Although I had some problems with the pin order, they fixed it, and I got a good price. They are called wholesalepins.com
    I had wanted screw-back attachments versus the regular butterfly clip thing because the butterfly lets go when your riding a motorcycle, but a psub pin could do without the screw-back. The extra cost for the screw was 10 cents each. Base price for the pin was $1.60 each at 300 pcs. with the butterfly clip.
The artwork needed is pretty simple. You could use the logo for psubs. Send them a picture, and they do a picture of the finished pin and send it back for approval. All the pin outfits do the same thing basically, but some are better than others. I've also used "The Pin Store" and another one a while back. A pin type I've not used, but which looks good, is the non-colored 3 dimensional pin. Lots of clubs use those too. If the pins aren't dated like for a special event or something, you can have them available for sale for a long time.( might take a long time to sell 300 ) Might be a nice little gift to hand out at the convention, or sell to the general public when we display the subs. Generally a pin sells for around $5 so you're not going to get rich on them, but they are good and cheap advertising items.
Another thing that may be good is a poster showing our subs. ( at least the ones that are finished ) I've never had a poster printed in bulk, but it might be worth checking out.
Another thing that might be interesting would be navigation charts or maps of ship wreck sites or any good dive sites. Maybe include some info on what launch facilities are available etc. at the dive locations.
Anyway, I'm probably rambling again. Looking forward to seeing you all at the convention.
Any news on the upcoming convention? Frank D.