From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Recon1st@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 12:42 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hydro motors

Here I am just a building away and the plan constantly changing.

My question is:

What are the disadvantages of main and thrusters being done with

Hydro motors.

My thoughts keep going back to forklifts. They will run all day, be

charged up overnight and move a lot of weight.

I am thinking of driving the pump with my 12hp 72v DC motor.

I am sure I would suffer efficiency converting to the hydro motor,

but am thinking with my battery capacity I can put up with the loss.

The advantages I see is no sealing prop shafts, leak problems and non

electrical speed control etc. I sure like the idea of running hydraulic lines

rather than electrical.

Any thoughts on this or has anyone tried or looked at this?

Dean Ackman