Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 2:19 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Millennium Cell HydroPak

Some questions.  As far as using solar cells to help recharge the batteries, what would be a good size to do that with?  The other idea, is thanks to my sister, whom does not like the idea of a steel tube w/o winows, and likes the open air.  How about a retractable deck?  I am not sure how that would work out, but I do think that it would be interesting.  Just some thoughts.  As of current, my submarine design is roughly based on that of the German Type 212A.  Using a diesel/electric propulsion, as well as the ocean current/flow generator to help recharge batteries while siting on the bottom.  Just some thoughts.

James

Brent Hartwig <brenthartwig@hotmail.com> wrote:
Ian,

Interesting information.  From the looks of the data on there PDF file, they have larger units planned as well. Also there is a note about it being safe for indoor use with zero harmful emissions claimed. I'm still not sure if the cartridges take O2 out of the air, but it doesn't look like you have to provide any from a tank. I'm not sure what your talking about with regards to water vapor collection. It sounds like you just pour some water into the unit of which goes into the cartridge starting a chemical reaction. I wouldn't expect all that much water vapor to come out of it. But if there was you could have it's vent going directly into your air circulation system that has water absorption cartridges inline.

Regards,
Brent Hartwig