Van: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] Namens James Frankland
Verzonden: maandag 19 november 2007 17:13
Aan: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] E 310 - Mo

Hello All.

Quick question regarding stainless steel electrodes.

I'm currently machining viewports and also starting contruction of my hatch.
I am having to purchase some special electrodes as per the plans to weld the
316L stainless ring to the top of the conning tower which is of course ASTM
516 GR 70.

The plans call for E310 - Mo electrodes.

I'm having trouble getting E310 - Mo.  I probably could get electrodes from
somewhere, but they don't do that specific one at Lincoln Electric.  The
guys at Lincoln say that E310 is normally for high temperature applications.
The info on E310 - 16 is as follows.

"Fully austenitic weld metal with high Cr and Ni content of very high
service temperature. High resistance against oxidation and scaling up to
1100?C. Avoid service temperatures between 650?850?C."

They advise to use E 309 - Mo.  It has the same Mo for corrosion resistance,
but seems more suitable in the info.

"Specially developed for welding stainless steel to mild steel and root runs
in cladding. Suitable for repair welding in dissimilar joints and steels
difficult to weld. Max. plate thickness in butt welds ~12 mm."

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/consumableseries.aspx?browse=124|34
28|

What do you all think?

Many thanks