From: Mark@Harbortronics.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aqua Jet Cutting Acrylic
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:21:57 -0700

Make sure you use water as the pressure fluid... don't presume that a scale model is going to react the same... extruded vs continuous cast vs cell cast, age, previous chemical exposure, etc... soooo many variables!  Be berry careful about your assumptions... often it's what you don't know or don't test that bites you in the end.  What's the saying... a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Tis so true.... there are so many crackpot 'scientists' that are convinced of faulty conclusions based on small bits of test data.  Don't be deluded into thinking that just because one quickly build scaled window design didn't break at some short pressure test doesn't mean that it's going to be 'safe' for use.

Testing is essential, but make sure the design of your tests covers all the bases.

I'm feeling old and conservative tonite... :)

Mark