Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Change of heart

You're right Joe. Do you remember a thread a while back that had a good guiding principle with it? I can't remember the exact phrase, but basically it said....first thing is to decide what you want your sub to do.
I really took that to heart at the time, and made some changes to my sub after realizing it wouldn't be able to do ALL the things I wanted, so I had to pick the most important ones and design around them.
I share your passion for this quest, and think you've made a good choice. Get the plans and start building. After last weeks convention, I saw several ''K'' type subs and was impressed with every one. There are many similarities among them, and lots of differences. With your obvious knowledge and training, I'm sure you can build one of these babies pretty cheap. I suggest you start with the basic design, and add what you want as you go. There's lots of cool things on those subs, and all the guys I met are very helpful ( and a lot of fun too.) This whole personal sub thing is still brand new, and there's plenty of new things being developed to make our job easier. Have fun and if there's anything you need, just ask. Like I said, it's a great bunch of guys and they're all willing to help.Frank D.