From: "Peter Madsen" <peter@submarines.dk>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Speaking of subma...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:28:00 +0200

Freya - unlike Kraka has furfilled her mission - and that with flying colers. Due to corrotion problems build into the design there is no way to restore her to the condition that she was in when we shot the video.

UC-3 is the ultimate expression of the knowhow and experience gained with the two smaller boats - and frankly its a perfect plan ( that we never had ) to make two prototypes before the big one. In all I think the total construction time is far less the building a big boat and only starting to learn the basics when that is finished.

UC-3 is expected launched in a very short time. It comes much "cheaper" than the much more advanced CSSX, my guess is that when finished Carsten has invested three times more hours and money than I have. But of cause we build our ships for different reasons - and for different missions.

Regards,

Peter