[PSUBS-MAILIST] K Boat Builders Question.

Hello All.

i am currently building the conning tower base for my K350 build.  Can i ask you all a question?

The plans show a bevel on both edges of the top of the 3/4 inch tower base.  Is this really neccesary?  I'm ready to cut the tower base to the right shape tonight, and im not sure if i need this bevel or not.

I do not have a lathe big enough for the job, so i would have to pay someone to do it.

Looking at other pictures, it looks like Dan has included the bevel on Persistence, while John Farrington has not.

I've put some pictures up here to show you what i mean.

http://guernseysubmarine.wordpress.com/

What do you all think?

Thanks
James