Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Boat in a boat

you do understand my basic thoughts on this.

The Roamers I am reffering to are 1960's vintage with nice steel hull construction
36 ft length with 12 beam nice wave bustin bow and fairly flat stern. they are
twin screw and to engines mounted just aft of mid ship.

Looks like plenty of room for the added bouyancy, and am thinking on
moving engines forward for better balance.

The main reason I am thinking of this is the dry dock obviously, but I am
planning on exploring Lake superior yeh its a lake but bet most psubs
will not put on near the miles I will be doing going to specific dive sites.
Also like the idea of over nighters etc.

I will continue along this direction for a while a little concerned
about how much structural beefing to be done and the moment
of inersia

O and ad my 2 cents on past welding etc posts.
soon to be finished.  I am haveing a profesional
fabricator weld the pressrure hull K350 specs
and I am x-raying it. My kids will go down in this
with me. They are worth the extra money

Dean