[PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery Safety Issues

If you have one or more batteries in the pressure hull with you, and not in a sealed off area, how do you keep from being electrocuted, if the inner hull floods? Will not the batteries short out in fresh water, and even more so in saltwater? I would love to be enlightened. ; )'   Perhaps someone else wants and/or needs to know as well.

Even if the batteries are in pods, or another hull section, will not the breaker box cause and other wire cause your trouble?

Regards,
Brent Hartwig

  " I kind of like doing the impossible. "

                                       ~ Walt Disney