From: "Lil Brother LLC" <lil_brother_llc@bellsouth.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Magnetic coupler
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:11:39 -0500

Mark,

Eddy currents like you say are frequency based. I do not think we will see a very large frequency from our thruster. The rotational speed should be quite low. With the rotational speed low, the coupler eddy current losses shouldn't be much. If we ever get to 500 rpm .....I think we would be over doing it.

Motor manufacturers use laminated cores to reduce eddy currents, or composite iron substances.

I will do a lot of testing before ever truly constructing a thruster. Each test will be to verify one component at a time.

But your views are noted....and will be tested.

James Long
Owner/Designer
Lil Brother LLC (Instrument Division)