Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Saucer Sub Design

Thanks James. I don't think a full blow of ballast at depth is a good way to get up anyway unless you are trying to get unstuck. It takes too much air to blow clear the tanks while at depth. There was a note from our most experienced member on the correct procedure to follow when rising, and basically the method is to drive to the surface and then blow ballast. Of course, if you're stuck, and already dropped the weight, and are still stuck, that is one of the options you have, but maybe getting your surface crew to help would be a better first choice. Frank D.