Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] X Thruster Arrangement

James. I haven't tested an emergency ascent straight up, and I expect there would be wobble in that situation due to the flattened sphere shape. Still, the low center of gravity will keep it up-right even with a wobble.
I have tested the model's ability to self right. Even when held under upside down and released, it flipped over before it floated up the distance of it's diameter.
This simple test was done before the addition of the new ballast tank design. Before I commit to the boat shape, I'll be doing more testing. I need to make scale model tanks and attach them to the model hull. It's a lengthy process to make these models and make them weigh the same as the full scale would. Right now I'm concentrating on the pressure hull. You have brought up a good point though and I thank you for that. Frank D.