RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introductions for the new guy

Welcome to the group, James.
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Lil Brother
LLC
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:21 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introductions for the new guy

Ok,

I'm new....so no one will recognize my name. I'm interested in building a
sub, and also possibly providing some custom electronics to the other people
here who are building a sub.

Just to get the basics out of the way, my sub should meet the following
criteria:

1 atm
max depth 200-250 feet
2 person
4 hour endurance
CO2 scrubber (haven't researched this much)
Steel or aluminum ( I don't care for fiberglas...makes me itch)

I would like to have both occupants sitting upright within their own bubble
for maximum view, possibly the back occupant just slightly higher than the
first.

Now with that over with, I would like to provide some back ground
information for the people who may want electronics designed.

I'm a former Marine (USMC) that learned the electronics trade during the
military (electronics on aircraft). I went on to work on various aircraft
for 7 years after my military experience. I then went into the automation
industry, and stayed for 6 years. I was put out of work two years ago and
started my own company. I currently design electronic touch screen
instrumentation for small private aircraft.

I design PCB's and manufacture them.

If anyone is interested I can help with electronic instrumentation. I would
also like to get some input on constructing a sub. I have AutoDesk
Mechanical Desktop so cad drawings can be helpful if anyone has some.

James Long
Owner/Designer
Lil Brother LLC (Instrument Division)