From: "Brent Hartwig" <brenthartwig@hotmail.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] S1-01 Engine Compartment and Trim Weight Placement
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:10:28 -0700

Your killing me Joe ; )'

 Five jet ski kills, and one fishing boat kill. What no sea gulls or mermaids?  Your going to need allot more then two five HP motors to catch a jet ski, unless you stalk them, and then surprise them by come from under them and breech on them. Or did you plan on using paint balls and/or eggs? You'll need to freeze the paint balls and eggs first, for a better kill. Insert evil laugh here. Or you could blow massive amounts of compressed air underneath them, to suck them under like quick sand. Fisherman are easy, just take there hook, or better yet net, and run with it. Insert second even longer and deeper evil laugh here.

Gas engines have allot more power to weight ratio then diesel engines. That is why they are used for ski boats. The diesel has better lower end torque and is a little safer, but it can be done. The Bionic dolphins use gas engines, and the new two seater has a aluminum 425 HP Corvette engine in it. Can you say more power?  Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ; )'  You'll need a engine compartment blower to remove any gas fumes before you start the engine, like used on ski boats.  I know it's sad that you couldn't use bio-diesel then, but there is ethanol and my oh so favorite NOZ bottom of course. Your wife is so going to have me by the short hairs, for being a bad influence on ya.

For my new two person hydrobatic trimaran sub project, I've got allot of options. I'm thinking of using two Sea-Doo RXP model 215 hp supercharged, intercooled four stroke Bombardier engines in separate side by side 1ATM pressure hulls, with there jet drive assemblies converted to be used on the outside of the said engine pressure hulls. The two engine pressure hulls are separate from the pilot and passengers pressure hull up front. Each engine pressure hull will have a large external locking ring hatch on top under the fiberglass fairings, so some basic engine work can be done when the sub is in the water. Then once out of the water, the whole back head of both engine pressure hulls can be opened separately by way of two large external locking ring type hatches. I'll show you guys some CAD models once I get a couple more things nailed down. It looks a whole lot meaner then the basic concept, single person trimaran I showed you guys.

But then again, don't forget that I'm a submarine half full of the good smoke kind of guy. You can only be young once, But you can always be immature. ; )'

Regards,

Brent Hartwig