Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure pods

In a message dated 6/18/2007 5:44:26 AM Central Daylight Time, kocpnt@lakefield.net writes:
I believe unless you use a very unusual seal system you will have difficulty holding pressure cannister. Most seals are lipped seals and can only hold significant pressure from one direction.
You could use two seals with one facing each way to accomplish your goal
Jim you are correct. I actually have taken the prop shaft off an old 40hp
outboard motor. The two thrust bearings and an additional lip seal will
be instatlled in rear. Then this new housing will be welded to the air
tank and it will be oil filled.

I am pretty sure this arrangement will work, and I think  I can hold the
air pressure in the motor pod. I am thinking of a gauge and air fill if
needed in the cockpit.

Dean Ackman

See what's free at AOL.com.